Saturday, 4 April 2015

Sewing goals for 2015

Since going back to work at the beginning of March I've had less sewing time than normal.  I've been a little glum about not accomplishing anything in the sewing room, so I thought it would be best to do up a list of my sewing goals for the year.  We're also trying really hard to update some things in our house so we can install a dishwasher (be still, my heart.) and that means mo-nay.  My fabric shopping will be halted for the year, and I'm prepared to live off my stash.

Good thing I've been stockpiling for just such an occasion!  Honestly, I'm a little embarrassed that I have this many projects worth of fabric stashed.  I want to keep it under 5 full projects worth of material.

My personal sewing plan includes completing one garment per month, and only buying things necessary to finish said garments.  Notions mostly.  Here's the list:

March:
Closet Case Files - Carolyn Pyjamas
Striped silk cotton fabric
Short sleeved and short pants version

I actually had started these and hoped to enter in the contest Heather Lou had for the pattern.  But it didn't happen, and these were set aside to finish after my client obligations were completed. I hope to finish them over Easter.  They'll be an April finish, but I am counting them towards the March goal.

Carolyn Pyjamas, summer edition


April:
Closet Case Files - Ginger Jeans with bonus shorts
Shorts for my fitting test, low rise view
Stretch denim from Fabricana, Jean notions kit from Thread Theory

May:
Closet Case Files Bombshell swimsuit & Kandel Knits 75 for Itsa's suit
View B modified straps from Halter to regular bra style
Two piece suit for Itsa to make bathroom breaks easier.
Fabric: Err, well, hmm.  I have a lot of swimwear fabrics so I'm sure I can find suitable ones.  If nothing else, I have some plain black spandex I can use.  I hate black clothes, but I can overlook it here.  I also have have many little girl appropriate prints for Itsa, and tons of swimwear lining left over from last year's suit.

Bombshell suit and Ginger jeans


June:
Butterick 5209 Retro Dress
Flowered silk from Save-On Fabrics
View B with the little sleeves

July:
Vogue 1088 Donna Karan dress
Green and white silk twill from Frabicana
Modified to add back piece from Butterick pattern

Vogue 1088 and Butterick 5209


August:
Colette Hawthorn Shirtwaist dress or Doe and Deer Bleuet Shirtwaist dress
Blue floral poplin from Fabricland

September:
Cake Patterns Tiramisu
Red and pink stripey jersey from Fabricland

Hawthorn or Bleuet and Tirimisu


October:
Sewaholic Granville
Bicycle shirting fabric from Blackbird Fabrics

November:
Butterick 5953 Gertie design
Grey and Pink wool from Dressew

December:
Sewaholic Thurlow trousers
Black Wool from Fabricland



Time permitting bonus garments: Oakridge blouse by Sewaholic, skinny shorts by Simplicity 1373 (add length), Tofino shorts by Sewaholic, Cambie dress by Sewaholic, Sencha by Colette.



These are my minimums.  I also have client work and a couple bras I need to do in there.  I also hope to get another pair of shorts sewn before the summer sets in. I mostly wear skirts, but when I'm playing with the kids I need some shorts so I can roll around on the ground with them.

Of course, I do also have a trip to Bellingham, Washington, planned for May.  I want to get my hands on some of Gertie's fabrics at Joanne's, and go to Texture Clothing to look at / purchase some of their cotton pointelle, and then off to Otion to look at their supplies for soap making.  Get something I can't find in my local shop maybe.  That kitty cat chiffon of Gertie's will make wonderful circle skirts for Itsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment