Thursday, 7 May 2015

Finished Project: Moneta dress

After 5 months, I'm finally getting around to blogging about my first Moneta dress.  I finished this before Christmas.  



Pattern: Colette Moneta
Fabric: "Designer knit" from Fabricland
Size: Large
Should have lengthened the bodice 2", but didn't.  Cut the skirt out at the XL length.

Not really a lot to say about this make, actually.  I really like the Moneta pattern, and I've made it twice now.  I love the simplicity of it, and the pockets. I am no longer in the habit of carrying things in my pockets, but sometimes I need to put something small in there so I can carry more in my hands.

This was my first time using the clear elastic to gather a knit skirt technique.  I liked it, except that I find clear elastic to SO ITCHY.  I used braided elastic the next time and it's much more comfortable.  I hope I remember in the future that I hate clear elastic next to my skin.
Definitely a "Tested-and True" pattern for me.  I rarely make the same pattern more than once, and twice within 3 months is unheard of!  But I always get compliments on this dress, and I just love the orange poppies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment