Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Sew all the dresses!

It's hot here.

Naturally, I want to sew all the sundresses now.

All.

I have pulled out three patterns to start with, and lovingly lined up the fabrics.  Then I decided to do a pair of shorts.  Because I need a third pair of shorts to get me through the summer.

and then...

and then...

and then..

And then I think I can get them all sewn up before August.

Overly Optimistic?  Pish.  

I'm also taking on a client.  She has a bridesmaid dress that is too small.  This is exciting because she is my very first client that I don't know personally, she's been referred to me by a mutual friend.  Eeee!  Big step forward!

Realistically, I'm going to sew the shorts this week, then take the client work and focus on that before sewing any of my own dresses.  That little overachieving part of my brain is all "you can totally sew three sundresses before August.  Seriously, how hard can it be?  Dresses are your favourite thing to sew!  They go so fast."  Stupid overachieving part of brain, get me in trouble a lot.

Cambie dress in Narwhal print silk cotton?

Butterick Vintage repro in rose silk?

Vogue DKNY dress in silk twill?

Bring it.


No comments:

Post a Comment