Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Dyeing silk

A couple weeks ago I went to a sale for Our Social Fabric.  I found a couple of really great pieces of fabric there.  A nice cut of black silk georgette that feels wonderful and 4 metres of silk charmeuse in a rather ugly colour.  I was actually going to pass on it at first, but then I remembered that I had silk dyes I bought last year from G&S Dye, so I went for it.



I'm a bit underwhelmed by the results of my dyeing.  I know that I didn't stir the little dye pots, which is why most came out splotchy, but still.  I don't know... I don't even know what colours I had been hoping for.  Here are my results, what do you think?  I think the Purple and Peacock dyes came out the best, Red's not bad, and the Black seems to be a good solution if nothing else.  I'm not keen on wearing black usually, but it's better than the original colour at least!












The purple photo isn't the best representation of the colour it actually is, which is too bad.  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment