Saturday, 12 December 2015

Finished Project: Hinagiku Hat

I knit a toque for myself!  Hoorah!  I usually hate wearing toques because they aren't compatible with my ponytail, but I realised that a slouchy toque would fix that.  Such a simple solution, I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before.  



I used the Hinagiku Hat pattern by 87knit as the daisy stitch pattern looked interesting.  Also, I had some DK weight yarn kicking around that I wanted to use, including lots of Mirasol Hacho.  I don't really like this colourway to be honest, I had wanted a different one at first, but by the time my order was processed, there wasn't enough of a single dyelot in the green colour so they asked what I wanted to do.  I chose this colourway and have rather regretted it since.  Especially since I never did finish the shawl I started with this yarn and just ripped it back anyway.  Ah well, it's still useful.



This turned out to be the perfect size for me, even if the execution was a bit sloppy.  Before blocking, I could see holes and rows of tension issues.  I cheated with the holes by just sewing them from the wrong side, and the blocking did solve the tension inconsistencies.  Whew.  I used some blunt metal needles, and am so glad to see the end of this project!  The daisy stitch is done by working some knit 3 togethers, and the blunt needles just made that super annoying.  If it weren't for the smoothness of the metal needles I wouldn't have been able to do this.  Should I ever do it again, I'll have to buy some pointy metal needles.



I need to pick out a new, small project now.  Something portable.  Something easy, so I can continue watching Murdoch Mysteries while knitting at night.  I have just watched the first season so far, there are eight more to go!  Itsa actually attacked a ball of acrylic yarn I had in my stash and declared she had made herself a cat.  My poor yarn.  But, she asked me to actually knit her a cat with the yarn, so maybe I'll cast that on next.  To Ravelry!