Tuesday, 16 February 2016

Finished project: lobster bib

A quick, hour long project today. Spartacus asked me to make a lobster bib to give to one of his coworkers. He's apparently a messy eater and its become a running gag in the lunch room.


We choose this fabric from the "Ribs and Bibs" collection by Maude Asbury that was at Fabricana.


It probably wouldn't have taken as long to make if I had used any sort of pattern. Instead, I used my compass and drew directly on the fabric. I also sewed the hook side of the Velcro to the wrong side of the strap. It was easier to remove the loop side of the Velcro and sew it on to work with the hook side.


It took a lot of notches to get it to turn right side out nicely.



And a label to complete the look.


No comments:

Post a Comment