Wednesday, 3 February 2016

The Never-ending Project

Gee Mandykatt, what have you been up to lately?  We haven't heard too much from you about sewing.  You've been working on something, right?

Right?


Right.

Since early December.


This beautiful coat is no longer seasonally appropriate for my climate.  It didn't snow this year, and has been really mild.  I don't think it'll get cold again as my cats have shed their winter fur already. 


I will take a break from this project and sew up a couple other garments.  Then I'll come back to it, finish it up, and put it away for the season.  *sigh*  I had hoped to get some wear out of it this season, but life just go in the way.

I learned how to make bound buttonholes though.  That was fun.

4 comments:

  1. the color is great! I love that bright, bold Neon Yellow. And your buttonholes are fab, well done. I understand about the unseasonable sewing dilemma too. Winter has been a bust all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like the colour too, it practically glows.

      Delete
  2. That colour is amazing. Is it yellow, or acid green?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the brightest shade of neon yellow imaginable. It's wonderful! I found it at Fabricana, labelled as DKNY Coating. Fancy!

      Delete