Friday, 22 April 2016

Finished Project: Poplin button up

How cute is this top?

Super cute!




I used view A of Butterick 6217, which is a Patterns by Gertie design.  I do like Gertie's style for the most part.  Some of her designs don't appeal to me at all, but the ones that do appeal have me salivating over them.  I'm not sure about the tie on this one, I may yet remove it, but for now I'm undecided.




The fabric is a cotton poplin from Fabricland,  This was part of my March model garment ensemble, along with a pencil skirt I'll show you next time.  The fabric collection this was in is called Printemps collection, and I'm in love with almost every single piece in the collection.

I didn't do any alterations to this pattern, but I really should have.  I cut the size 18, grading to a 20 at the waist and hips, but it's actually too big.  I always go by the measurements on the tissue paper, but should really start actually measuring the pattern pieces.  Start with a 16, Mandy!  A 16 with a slight FBA and FTA (full bust and full tummy adjustments), and adding an inch of length is what I need to remember for Butterick patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment